backwards marathon
[html]
Hey no problem. Real life stuff comes first always Smile
wc 455

Savina smiled back down at Apollo when he had finished, her green orbs beaming. She lightly stepped around to get a better look at what he had drawn. Some of the illustrations were a bit difficult to decipher, but Apollo was only a pup, and they were pretty good considering that fact. She thought the first picture looked like a coyote. "Is this one a coyote? The word for that is actually Coyote in Italian too." Next she looked at the picture of what could only possibly be a squirrel and the sable lady smiled. She probably would've found it even more amusing if she had known about Apollo's father's upbringing. "The word for squirrel is scoiattolo. Scoiattolo."

The next drawing she had to study for a while. It had been hard enough for her to draw an abstract concept, so she could understand why it would be difficult for the light pup. After a minute or so she came to the conclusion that it was perhaps a sunset. If she were wrong he could correct her. "I think that this is supposed to be a sunset. In Italian, sunset is tramonto. Tramonto." Apollo's next picture was a book, but Savina had to think for a moment about the word. It was not one she used often back in Italy, living as a normal wolf, but soon it came to her. "Ah yes, a book. Book is libro. Libro." The last drawing was that of a moose. The Pyxis always thought moose were funny looking creatures. She thought it must be their noses that made them look so silly. "Moose is alce. Alce."

The jet female gave her student some time to digest and store these new words to memory. The next exercise she wanted to try would be a bit more complicated, but she didn't want the youngster to get bored of just working on words. "Ok, for the next drawings I will do, I want to check on your verbs. All these pictures that I draw will be of wolves doing something. Then when it is your turn to draw again, you can either do words or verbs, whichever you want." The girl realized that drawing would probably be easier if she shifted, but it honestly scared her a bit. She had lived her entire life in the normal form. Not only that, but she didn't want to shift and show her incompetence in that form in front of her student. So she began to carefully draw her pictures in the dirt. The first was a wolf running, then one swimming, one jumping, one climbing, one howling, and then two playing. The ebony wolf stepped back to let her pupil study the images.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread