down to the river to pray
[html]
^__^ Forgive the rambling. LOL

He lifted his head as a voice sounded. While young, the voice held something, some quality of both mother and father. He racked his mind, then remembered. Erzulie, daughter of Skye and Bangle. Her question was a fair one, though the company of the female was unexpected. The scholar spoke, his voice soft but clear, a deep sorrow in it that would never quite fade entirely away. "I was praying, Erzulie. I don't know what you and your family believe, but I was raised to revere Rhiannon and the good spirits of ancestors and family past."

He paused for a moment, feeling somewhat unsure, then he spoke again. "I... I though I could feel little Tameri here. I'm sure it was just my imagination, though. Wishful thinking and all." He lifted himself to his feet slowly. He hadn't realized he'd been kneeling so long, but his slightly stiff muscles said otherwise.

He looked at the young female, remembering the day he had assisted her mother in giving birth. Everyone had been different then, everyone had been calmer, more at peace. For a moment, he wondered if things would go back to the way they had been. They would, he knew, except for some things being vastly different. His faith in his mate had been shaken by her mention of Sanja. His world had been torn apart by Liam's actions. His house had been empty without Tameri and Liam. And yet, it wouldn't be empty much longer, since Sky was carrying a litter of pups. Would they work out their problems, their differences to someday try for more? He'd always wanted a house full of his offspring, his family. He'd had his wandering days, and now he wanted to live the idyllic dreams of his youth. A home, a mate, many many pups of their own. Someday, grandpups.

He realized he'd been staring at the younger female, and he gave an apologetic smile. "Sorry, got lost in thought. How are you and your family? Haven't seen much of you lately." Did she know about Liam? Did she blame him as he felt so many others did?

<style type="text/css">
.emptybed b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000;}
.emptybed p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.emptybed {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i40.tinypic.com/f2e80.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4f4564; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 215px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#312840; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 355
[/html]

Messages In This Thread