the heart
[html]

SSWM: 342

It was hard not to notice the delay in Foxglove's reaction to her approach. It was not as if she required immediate attention from her tribesmembers, but it only served to reinforce her hesitation in approaching the female. Perhaps it would be better if she did not try to engage her in conversation? Then again, she did not know what her purpose as a leader was, if not for the tribesmembers. This was something Maska had misunderstood. The councilwoman smiled as Foxglove replied to the greeting in kind, and lifted her gaze to the mare when it was mentioned. The pale horse was tall and proud, and appeared to be healthy. "She looks a strong horse, perhaps you should name her for her strength?" Ulilohi suggested, her words heavily accented by AniWayan and face smiling.

Her uncertainty did not decrease upon hearing the subtle tones in Foxglove's voice. Why was she suddenly so intimidated by this small female? It was hard to tell if it was the female in front of her that she was hesitant about, or the way she was a symbol of all the things Ulilohi would have to strive to correct. In essence, her workload and burden was right here in front of her, in person. She resisted the urge to swallow. "I am fine, wado. I have been searching for the last stray sheep, after Gemma's misfortune yesterday." The councilwoman shrugged. The situation that had seemed hopeless the day before was looking brighter now, although Ulilohi was worn out after the whole ordeal. Gemma had slipped away, shamed, and she the councilwoman had yet to speak with her about it. "I think it will be okay, but I might ask the craftsmen if it is possible to build a double gate for the pens, so it cannot happen again." Her braided mane jiggled as she spoke and her hands wove patterns in the air.

She would try to be pleasant, at least. Perhaps Foxglove - and all that she symbolized - would warm to her that way?[/html]

Messages In This Thread