Clouds of Winter
[html]

She stood there, stone cold, as the girl began to say the things that had been on her mind. She knew of Liam's sickness and was in love with him. When the boy had shown nothing but insolence, proven nothing but stupidity, and done nothing but kill, it was difficult for Skye to believe that anyone could fall in love with it. Some of the rage, the infuriating anger that flared up during the murder showed again, and her eyes blazed for a moment, her lip curled into a frozen snarl. She quickly composed herself, however; she did not need this girl Ayasha running to Ralla and saying how the leader Skye Collins now was her enemy.

"No," she said solidly. She did not know why she said it, or what it was she was trying to convey. Her very mood at the moment had turned sour, sick - the word was the only that she could say now. This girl thought she was in love with Liam. Not Liam Rhiannon - no, Taliesin was no longer his father. He had no family, it, the murderer, had no family, deserved no family. Once again she had to keep her temper in check as it flared up once more.

She had to make this girl see. "She loved him too," she said steadily. "Tameri. Tameri loved him. She was curious, and loved him to bits - she never knew why he hated her so much," she said. She had observed them, had heard Sky and Taliesin speak of their relationship. "The pup... the poor pup. She loved him, she loved Liam, and what did he do?" she asked, her voice slightly rising. "He screamed at her, called her a shadow wolf. He tore her leg off while she was still alive, causing her more pain than she ever felt in her life, causing her last moments to be sheer pain, horror, agony, confusion as to why the brother she loved so much would kill her like this."

"It was not a merciful death. It was not a sweet death, a compassionate death," she snarled, the fire alighting in her eyes once more. "He ripped her front leg off, and while she was screaming in agony, in pain, he ripped her hind leg off with his teeth." She stared at Ayasha, her eyes full of horror and anger mixed into a horrible emotion - a horrible emotion that could not be extinguished with kind words and vapid reassurances such as sweet and compassionate.

"He is not troubled, he is a murderer and a monster. If his father hadn't plead for his life," she snarled, "I would have killed him myself. And if I ever see him around my pack again, I will."

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly16 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e6d4bf; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #514332; }
.freebjuly16 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly16 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#d6ac69; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... uly16a.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #796246; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#59452d; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
445+
[/html]

Messages In This Thread