down to the river to pray
[html]

OOC Though what she's saying might be ignorant or seem dark, her demeanor is purely concerned/nice.

Her ears fell back in disappointment when he turned and spoke to her. He wasn’t talking to anybody, he was just praying. “Praying. Ain’t that talkin’ to somebody who ain’t there?” She asked, honestly curious and supremely stupid. She spoke to people who weren’t there all the time. But they were there in her world. She didn’t make the connection that to Taliesin the spirits were there in his. The thought of something existing other than the lwa was just preposterous.

“Mom and dad didn’t teach me much about that. I don’t believe in anything. I just know the lwa.” She stated the obvious fact as though it would make perfect sense to Tal.

“I have been well. Been goin’ to other packs a lot to sell so I ain’t been around a whole lot. Met some folks in Cour des Miracles and AniWaya.” She smiled, proud of her little self imposed merchant missions.

It only took a second for her to go back to the more spiritual topic at hand. In fact, her return to the thought was at breakneck speed and a little awkwardly placed at the end of her last sentence. Shaking her head, she told him, “You know, it wasn’t Tameri’s spirit ya felt. Can’t have been. Legba already took her to the other side.” She wasn’t trying to be mean nor dash his hopes of Tameri being so close, she just thought she ought to inform him of the truth. After all, wouldn’t the lost father be happy to know that his daughter’s spirit was safe and now at home?

“Ya might have felt a mem’ry though. They still have weight in this world long after we are gone. We make an impression on everything and the world remembers us, always.” She paused for a moment, thinking. “Sometimes ya can even raise a memory.” Did she mean raise the dead? Hell yeah, she did. But she wasn’t trying to say that she could do it, nor suggest that it would be right for Tal.

“Like when it hurts the living to be parted from the dead so bad that havin’ them back for just a little while will help their soul. ‘Til they can learn ta accept that they’re gone. Say their goodbyes ‘n stuff.” Okay, mayyyybe she was suggesting it, just a little.

<style type="text/css">
.zulieg01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #7d3f0e; }
.zulieg01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; text-align:center;}
.zulieg01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.zulieg01 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#7d677e; background-image:url(http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3133/zulie01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #98353c; padding: 190px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#bd9e85; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.zulieg01-border1 {width:504px; border:1px solid #fffff0; margin:0 auto;}
.zulieg01-line1 {width:450px; border-bottom:1px dotted #98353c; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
WC: 389 :: Image © Outdated Productions@Flickr
[/html]

Messages In This Thread