the sweetest eyes i've ever seen
[html]

<333

His head hung, green eyes watching his unbound paws dip in and out of the snow. He had no desire to lift his head and see where he was going, and therefore his paws were infinitely more interesting to him. The war in his mind was coming to a head, he knew it. Soon, there would be a turning point that would throw the balancing table one way or another. Either he would survive, or the weight of his emotionally defunct brain would drag him down. There was only so much he could take and while there had been no betrayals and no deaths, they'd still left him. A sigh escaped his lips as he glanced back up towards Hermes, patting the stallions neck when he reassured himself that his companion was still with him.

"You'll never leave me, will you Hermes..." He whispered, so low that it would have been impossible to hear or carry over the snow spattered ground. Cinnamon backed ears lay flat against his skull as he moved forward, not entirely sure where he was going. The trees engulfed him and the young male paused for a moment once the protection of the trees closed behind them. He allowed Hermes a drink in a small pool of water gathered in the roots of a large tree, half tree sap and half snow melt. Once the stallion was done, Saul dipped down to scoop up a few mouthfuls of sweet water. His coat could have been in much better condition, but he'd only managed to bathe briefly every day in the small streams he'd managed to stay close to. He looked rough.

The snap of a branch ahead of him caused his body to jolt into a protective crouch. Hermes shied back, a snort echoing in the silence that followed. "Hermes, behind me." Saul murmered, hoping his voice wouldnt carry so far that whoever was out there would hear him. Green eyes searched the forest, almost catching the sight of the darker male before dismissing it and searching again. He was tired and cold and broken and he didnt need this fight.

word count → 355 ;; image © Fir0002/Flagstaffotos ;; table by lin
<style>
.saul-owlooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.saul-owlcred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
.saul-owl p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-owl b {color:#D1C2B9; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #5C4633; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.saul-owl {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5C4633; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:450px;}
.saul-owlinner{background-color:#9D7C5E; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... aulbot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread