there's a calm surrender
[html]
OOC STUFFS HERE!

The words from Fella hurt, and Tal looked at the feline quietly. He had opened his mouth to say something to the cat, when Sky made her appearance. He looked at her as she came from the den. He knew the room, he’d often had to prop the door open for Tameri so she wouldn’t get stuck inside. Was she hiding in there for protection from him? His heart ached as he answered the question for himself, possibly rightly, possibly wrongly. Yeah, she was hiding from him, and the monster he supposedly was. Only twice had he lost his temper. Only once had that resulted in someone getting hurt, and that someone had deserved it. Or at least the scholar had felt the giant male, Shawchert, had deserved it.

He started to walk toward his mate, when a sudden hiss from the feline gave him pause. As his eyes darted toward Fella, the cat swiped his claws in the air. “Come near my mom, and you’ll be sorry, mutt.” Tal stopped where he was. Even from where he was, feet away from her, he could smell the sweet scent that had lured him to sleep so many night. His shoulders slumped; the scholar looked defeated. He pulled the rosy stone from his pocket, the silver chain sparkling. His eyes fell to the trinket he’d brought for her as he fiddled with the chain.

“I’m not here to yell. I wanted to say I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have lost my temper.” He was already resigning himself to finding another house within the packlands. He looked up at her, then gently threw the necklace to her in an underhand throw. “I found it... I thought you’d like it. I mean, I know you don’t like trinkets cluttering the house, but... well.. you know.” He swallowed as he shrugged.

“If you want me to go now, I’d understand.... I mean with our fight, and the way the pack looks at me...” The pointed glare from the feline was enough to make the male want to turn around and leave, but he wanted to see if Sky would at least let him be part of his offspring’s lives.

<style type="text/css">
.emptybed b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000;}
.emptybed p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.emptybed {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i40.tinypic.com/f2e80.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4f4564; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 215px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#312840; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 364
[/html]

Messages In This Thread