[m] the cats in the cradle
[html]
OOC junk goes here...

She told him to come in, and he did, his tail swaying lazily behind him, his ears perked excitedly. He felt bowled over by the number. Five. Five healthy, happy pups. His tail wagged faster as he padded the few feet to his mate, laying down next to her, resting his head on her neck in a manner that was both possessive and comforting. "Five. Wow. We have five. Good job, kiddo." He licked the nape of her neck, then peered over her body to see the pups.

She would have been able to tell the exact moment his eyes landed on them, because his body stiffened as though in extreme agony. The butterflies reached a crescendo, then, and the secui male leapt to his feet. He took a step back, his golden eyes full of fiery denial. "What the FUCK?!" He shook his head. "No. No way. Who were you fucking, Ayasha? There's no way I have black pups." He couldn't believe it, couldn't believe that three of his pups were shadow wolves. And if they were, then the other two were tainted as well. "I'll take care of this. I am not raising shadow wolves, it's not happening."

He'd drop them off the mountain. Or just leave them outside. It was mid-winter, afterall. They would simply fall asleep. But that wouldn't destroy the evil. He had to burn them. Yes. His gruff voice was no longer tender, but colder than ice, and harder than stone. "Get away from them. I'll snap their necks, and then I'll burn the corpses. I won't let the evil taint my family, my pack. It's not happening."

There was some part of him, some small piece buried deep in his mind that doubted this course of action. And then there were the butterflies, whispering of the evil of the pups, the danger Ayasha was in because of them. The butterflies were louder, they always were. "Move, Ayasha. I'll dispose of them. It won't hurt them at all. And then I'll deal with the issue of your infidelity."

Nowhere in his twisted mind did it occur to him that his father's father had been black, so the genes for black fur were in his blood. No, all he could think of was that she had to of slept with the enemy, the shadow wolves. That was the only explanation he had for why his offspring were tainted with evil. Afterall, he'd burned the shadow wolves he'd killed, always making sure it was outside of the pack's lands.

<style type="text/css">
.vcliamhellno b {font-weight:bold; color:#e9f2f9;}
.vcliamhellno p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.vcliamhellno {margin:0 auto; width:401px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i40.tinypic.com/20aqqro.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #c0c0c0; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 210px 0px 4px 4px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c0c0c0; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 423
[/html]

Messages In This Thread