Red Ribbons and Tall Tales
[html]
<style>
.naniko .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.naniko p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.naniko b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.naniko {background-color:#1e252b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... naniko.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:12px; color:#141b21; width:375px; text-align:justify; }
.naniko-border {width:379px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.naniko .inner {margin:10px 10px 190px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... nikobg.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>

WC: 544

There was something about the female that Naniko found attractive, in all honesty; she'd been romantically attracted to all sorts of canines in the past and found nothing wrong with holding feelings for both males and females. Finn had her own scars and looked a bit rough around the edges…but that was something that the Angela found refreshing to look at. She was a canine with character, with individuality. Each one of those scars told a story. Her own scars were deep, and she did not often think about them or talk about their origination with anyone. They were simply a part of her body, as normal as anything else. She’d grown up believing that it was normal to have some imperfections, and that a scar wasn’t really what mattered. It was whether you learned a lesson after you got it. Naniko had become stronger from hers, she felt…she’d gotten them from defending others from evil, so she was not afraid to show them to others and did not try to cover them up.

She looked Finn over, trying not to linger too long on any particular part of her while the tattered canine spoke. Naniko replied easily enough, slightly puzzled at what sort of situation Finn could have gotten into that would have required a deer’s assistance. ”How? I’m just curious – I can communicate with some creatures, but others puzzle me. I’ve never been one to speak with deer” Every animal had its own personality. She wondered what had driven this deer to choose to protect a wolf, a creature who would normally hunt such an animal without a second thought. What did each creature get from the relationship that benefited them?

The darker Judas piped up when his name was mentioned, looking up at Finn with a frown. ”No, I’m Judas. My brother is a fool – I would not want others to think that I were him.” He said clearly. Severus looked shocked at his sibling’s words and growled quietly, staring him down. He was no fool, and Judas would pay for this conversation later. He’d show him who the real fool was. ”Stop. I’m not afraid to send you both home if you keep this up.” Naniko warned quickly, trying to break up the argument before Severus had the chance to defend himself. Finn introduced herself to the pups as well, and they gave her short bows in response to her words. They didn’t want to go home quite yet…and would have to behave, lest Naniko follow through on her threat.

”I came out to see what these two were getting into and found them trying to take on a badger if you can believe it.” She said. The pups seemed proud that they had managed to get away from the badger without being harmed and held their heads high until their mother looked back at them once more. ”Foolish children nearly got themselves killed. Badgers can be ruthless if you catch one on the wrong day. Have you gotten settled in, yet?” Hopefully the furs had helped spruce up Finn’s den a bit. The caves could get rather cold in the winter unless one had the proper materials to build a small fire inside and the right kind of ventilation.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread