A Rude Awakening
[html]

Word Count → 342

Finally, a proper apology. Kaira didn't think it was so unusual to be sleeping the snow, especially if one was an arctic wolf. Perhaps this was a luperci thing, perhaps luperci didn't sleep in the snow. Kiara remembered many times when she had fallen asleep in the snow after a long day of playing or hunting. In fact, once Kiara became older she stopped sleeping in a den. Dens were for puppies and old ones; not for fit, healthy wolves like Kiara. The only reason why it was a silly for her to fall asleep where she did was because she hadn't been inside the pack lands. Otherwise, there was nothing silly about sleeping like she had.

The snow wolf flinched. Aeron's question wasn't rude per say, but it brought up memories that Kiara had working to keep suppressed. Kiara listened to Aeron's explanation, but only half-heartedly. The frightful memories worked their way through her mind, and she flinched again when the torrent of feelings threatened to overwhelm her. Her ears drooped again and so did her tail. Despite the fact that Aeron was also covered in scars, Kiara couldn't help but feel a little ashamed of her injuries. She was no fighter, but the fact that she had been injured so was still humiliating. Your right, that was me... and Amy. Thanks, I had a lot of help from my pack. I take it you know the dog?

Kiara wasn't sure if she wanted to hear about Amy. All she really wanted to do was forget, to push the events out of her mind and as far away from her conscious as possible. But the idea of learning more about her attacker slightly intrigued the snow wolf. If she learned more about the yellow dog, then perhaps she could understand why Amy had hurt her. Kiara had spent several nights wondering what had possessed the luperci to attack her. The snow wolf had not threatened her and had even properly submitted to her. So why? Did Aeron know anything about it?

<style type="text/css">
.kiaratree b {font-weight:bold; color:#dbe3ff; text-shadow:#0a273b 0px 0px 1px;}
.kiaratree p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.kiaratree {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#2a4c56; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/20js9j6.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #420503; padding: 470px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#60848f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.kiaratree .wordcount {color:#60848f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dbe3ff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.kiaratree .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread