A Rude Awakening
[html]

Word Count → 476

The snow wolf was spell bound. The succulent smell of meat made her practically drool, drawing her in closer and closer to the coyote. Once the final okay was given, she grabbed the meat up as faster than a speeding jackrabbit. Kiara's tail wagged furiously as she snapped at the meat, taking a few moments to adjust the piece before downing it in one gulp. Kiara licked her jaw quickly, her pink tongue running over the two incisors and her black lips. Thanks to the little piece offering Kiara was had completely relaxed. In her simple mind there was no way that someone who fed her was evil, and thus she placed her complete trust in Aeron. "Thank you."

Most would agree that the loss of pups was a sad occasion even if the pups belonged to another pack, yet Aeron seemed to take the loss to heart. Her face became downcast and her thoughts drifted far away. Her apology was sincere and kind. Kiara shook her head, indicating that she didn't mind the slight lapse. "I appreciate your condolences. It was a hard loss, but with so many puppies to keep us busy not many have had the luxury to dwell on it." The more time Kiara spent around Aeron, the more she liked the copper coyote. The arctic wolf was blissfully unaware of Aeron's abilities, but now that Kiara had decided she liked the woman, those things hardly mattered.

Aeron's next question was completely random and caught Kiara off-guard. Although it was well know inside the pack and among a few trusted individuals that Kiara was unable to shift, she never expected someone to have found out so quickly. The alabaster woman doubted that even Amy knew she wasn't infected with the virus. It wasn't a secret per say, but the snow wolf didn't walk around boasting about it either. Kiara's surprise was written all over her face and woven into her words as she was not one to hide her emotions. "Uh, yeah. I can't shift. I come from far up north where it is actually rare to find luperci. So, you can imagine my surprise when I get here and I'm the odd one out." She laughed a little, remembering how she had practically gapped at Razekiel. To her, the luperci were strange beings and there were times that she wished to be a luperci. However, Amy's attack had taken all of those thoughts out of her head. Kiara remembered being so scared of the chance she had become a luperci. Although she still envied them for their abilities, Kiara no longer wished to undergo the transformation.

"Just wondering, how did you know? I don't smell do I?" As if to answer her own question, Kiara twisted around to smell her own coat, wondering if she smelled different or just plain bad.

<style type="text/css">
.kiaratree b {font-weight:bold; color:#dbe3ff; text-shadow:#0a273b 0px 0px 1px;}
.kiaratree p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.kiaratree {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#2a4c56; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/20js9j6.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #420503; padding: 470px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#60848f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.kiaratree .wordcount {color:#60848f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dbe3ff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.kiaratree .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread