Tomorrow Never Knows
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... eowl-1.jpg); background-color:#531F11; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

She could only hold onto faith that what he was certain of would come to fruition. It was the first, but not the only time they would try, this much she was certain of. But doubt still pressed upon her mind and caused her brows to furrow in thought. Their relationship was still new and was bound to have its complications, yet something of this magnitude she hadn’t expected. Falling back to her mate’s words and her own beliefs, there had to be a greater design for this to transpire, for being without children… for having Sarian to care for… for tending to their Ryu and their pack as a whole. There must have been a grander plan… even for the sickness that now burdened her mate.

“Before you start thinking of the following generation, we need to start this one,” she sighed, trailing the tips of her claws along the contour of his muzzle to the base of an ear and scratched it lightly. “And before then, we need to take care of you.” His inability to change form disturbed her having rarely heard of a condition as that. Usually when one was sick it made it difficult to change but never stop them completely. More than likely, it was as he thought; his large frame was a hindrance to a seamless shift and was now protesting. She had no definitive way of knowing, only speculation and what made sense to her. For the time being, she hoped it was enough and that a healer’s aid was not necessary.

Gently she grasped his teased ear and tugged it fondly, returning a little affection to him. “You no doubt need to rest. I have done nothing but sit idle and watch you take the weight of responsibility on your shoulders. You’ve nearly worn yourself out… and I am sure this is your body telling you to rest. And I would like for you to heed it. I can fulfill our duties in your stead.”

ooc: 334 words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread