[m] the cats in the cradle
WC: 218

IC: She figured that he would be awake when she screamed. He had been there for her nightmares and when she snuggled into him, he wrapped his arms around her. She was shaking and though she heard his question, she remained silent for the moment. She briefly wondered if she should tell him or not but decided that he should know.

She took a deep breath to slow her heartbeat and steady herself. ”I had a nightmare about us. I had just given birth to five pups: one was white, one was brown like you, and the rest were black. You had been kicked out of the den and when you came in, at first you were so happy. Until you saw that three of them were black. Then you wanted to kill them.” She was crying and took a moment to collect her thoughts.

”I refused and you asked who I had slept with besides you and then you accused me of being in league with the shadow wolves. You then attacked me after I refused to let you kill them. Then you killed the one that was colored like me before turning on me again. You were about to kill me when I woke up.” She burrowed her head into his chest and let him hold her.

Messages In This Thread