Leave out all the Rest
Words: 415
[html]

She is mean. And doesn't take him seriously. :|

No matter how hard he tried to be intimidating, even facing a shrimp like Caspa the poor wolf just couldn't manage it. Okay, perhaps she was a pretty formidable subject considering she very rarely found herself flustered by anything at all. But he really was an amusing sight to her, falling helplessly from a sham of threatening ire into clearly genuine confusion and pain. However, even his words from the former of the two personalities were feeble. Who was stopping her? Only herself and her strangely compelling pity for him. Which he would be reversing utterly if he wasn't careful. She was compassionate still, though: she would not speak this thought aloud, in order to save his undeserved pride. He said her long fur was pretty, but she remained unmoved. Had he not snarled the word 'dog' mere minutes before? His sarcasm was blunt and, in Caspa's opinion, just as insulting as his tones. Another woman might have been mollified by the word 'pretty', but not Caspa, not in the least.

He was impatient, as if she was supposed to read his mind and understand his feelings automatically. He was truly annoyed, though, and she did hope he would explain soon, rather than make her force him to spell it out. He spoke of the death of his brother, and she honestly could not remember him mentioning such an event. He'd talked about his exile, but had he mentioned a brother? "Can I really be expected to keep tabs on all the ins and outs of your family who I have never met?" she answered tartly, still in the debating mindset, before the truth of his words hit her and she dipped her head in gruff apology. "I am sorry, though for your loss." The part the knife played had become obvious now: his brother was killed in a fight with a similar weapon, hence the luperci-blaming. "Did these friendly neighbours of yours use knives, then?" she asked rhetorically, knowing the answer was in the affirmative so continuing "Still, I do not see your anger. There are thousands of knives in the world. Just as there are thousands of luperci. Hating every knife is as senseless as hating every wolf, dog and hybrid that shifts." It was of course never an ideal plan to attempt to reason somebody out of a huff, but Caspa was tenacious enough to try it anyway.

<style type="text/css">
.caspaseaview b {font-weight:bold; color:#212527; letter-spacing:1px; }
.caspaseaview .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#4d5050}
.caspaseaview p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.caspaseaview {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#e8ebe9; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/yDXkc.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 8px 0px 206px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#434644; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

table image credit to Burksy@flickr
[/html]

Messages In This Thread