Glassblowing
I don't have any ren. fairs near where I live and don't have the ability to travel to attend one either. Again, the woes of a small town. Also they have a lending program but only with the libraries located at the beach and they don't have anything either. I've already looked it up. But yeah, I planned on checking up on Colonial Williamsburg and see if they have some sort of information online about their glass blowing technique. I don't remember them having all the equipment that Mel linked when I went. It was just this guy sitting around on a stool and well, blowing glass. He had heated the glass some way... I didn't get to see the start of it but when I got there he was just blowing the heated glass with a tube and he made such amazing things. Cute lil animals and all. But yeah, I wasn't so worried about technique as I was trying to figure out where to find natural glass to be used for such purposes. After all, before the blowing was introduced, the Ancients heated up glass and formed it around molds made of clay and dung in which to craft things, the general necessities like bowls and cups rather than frivolities. So yeah, I was having trouble finding out where to find glass in its natural form and have recently found out that its heated sand basically and some with limestone dust added in.

Messages In This Thread