Light at the end of the world
[html]

Word Count → 235

A happy smile spread onto Neela's face at Dalgina's reaction to the music. While Neela loved playing music she enjoyed paying for an audience the most; back before her life had gone to hell her and the other dock worker would often gather round a fire after a days work, eating and drinking while Neela played her guitar for the group. Neela's tail started to seep awkwardly along the ground behind her and she laughed as Dalgina started twirling to the music.

Neela was fairly surprised that Dalgina bumping into Grynn didn't bring an indignant shriek from the falcon, instead Grynn just moved with the impact slightly and then once Dalgina had stopped moving she leant over, her beak lightly pinching a few spots down Dalgina's ear in an oddly maternal gesture. Putting Grynn's strange behaviour to the back of her mind Neela turned her attention to Dalgina herself just in time to hear Dalgina's question.

Neela stopped playing for a moment as she tried to figure out how to answer Dalgina;s question, "No you don't. I've been hurt, there was a nasty lady down near the border who attacked me." Short and vague, that was about the limit of Neela's skill in relaying things to children without exposing them to truth's above their age. Hoping to distract Dalgina from the subject Neela started playing again, continuing the fast passed, cheery tune from before.

<style type="text/css"> .neelastar b {font-weight:bold; color:#37370f; letter-spacing:1px; font-size:13px;} .neelastar p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;} .neelastar {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#909179; background-image:url(http://i39.tinypic.com/357on02.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2c392f; padding: 415px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#dfdcd6; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} .neelastar .wordcount {color:#37370f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dfdcd6; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;} .neelastar .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;} </style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread