Bring me to life
[html]

His mate leaned into him, he worried that she'd get sick from the cold and shivering, Aleo gave her a small reassuring kiss on the nose as he walked, the day was still early and he had tonnes of time before the dark was upon them. With on hand he stroked Shiloh's hair, and heard her words. "I know...I would have been here anyway." He felt bad for leaving them behind, it gave the obsidian male feel sick inside to think that he was leaving them for carrion. His own children to make a scavenger's meal. Shiloh was struggling against his hold, and he gently set her down. His children...He let his mate lean on him, one hand around the non-injured side of her waist. "We have to go back."

They walked back to the area of the trauma, it smelled like death and struggling, he lurched but his last meal thankfully didn't make an appearance. The pups were there, limp and lifeless. He scooped them up gently, getting a small look at his loss. When they got home the little ones would get a proper burial. A real one. The stillborns should rest in peace. He held the little ones close, and kept Shiloh close to him as well. "Oh Shiloh I'm so sorry." Nothing could hide the guilt, pain, and immense grief in his voice

[/html]

Messages In This Thread