First step to building a dream
Tal smiled at Hotaru, even knowing she couldn't see it. A smile was something you could hear in a voice. While his voice held the undercurrent of grief for his daughter, it held pride in his work, and welcoming for his pack mate. "Greetings Hotaru. There's a nice smooth rock not far from where you're standing, prefect to sit on. I am glad you came to join me." There was no pity in his gaze, nor rude curiosity. Actually, he had a blind uncle, Edgar. His mom and Edgar had been in Jaded Shadows together for a while, where they had discovered their shared father. He wondered whatever had happened to the male, he would have liked to meet this uncle of his.

As the Captaina approached, he nodded his respectful welcome. Her words made him grin crookedly, his tail wagging again. "Thank you, Skye. I was following the plans in that book I borrowed. It gets a bit technical in places, but I think I am following it pretty well. I figured we could get the pieces carved out before we pegged them together and began sanding them. If that sounds good to you." He was no artisan, but he was enjoying making things, feeling them spring out from the work he did with them. He could see why others chose this as their profession.

For a moment, he wondered whatever happened to Daemon, the leather worker. He had made a salve for the man after hearing about the wounds the man had. He shrugged it off mentally as his hands fell back into the soothing rhythm of the plane and the chisel, molding the wood into the shape he wanted it to be for the ship. He didn't know if he should continue to take lead on this right now, or if he should step back and let the Capitana, the dominant wolf, take charge of the project again. After all, it was her dream to begin with, she had just shared it with them, asked them to share in the wonders of the dream with her.

He glanced at the other two for a moment, before letting his mismatched gaze drop down to the sweet smelling wood. He had fallen in love with the smell of sawdust when they built the caravan. He was remembering that as he worked with the wood, watching small pieces drift away from the larger piece in his hand, draped across his lap.

((WC:411))

Messages In This Thread