The snake in the hen house
[html]
The Witch Doctor

Word Count → 367 ::
Sky's all like, 'fuck this shit, when can I go home?' xD Also, yes, her mother is a cannibal. Was, rather. I wasn't sure if I'd actually mention it at all, as Sky's mom is a minor dead npc, and it wasn't a well known fact in the first place, but I figured, what the heck? The moment's perfect. xD

Sky silenced herself and backed off when Skye took charge, stepping out of the way and watching, listening, letting her nerves calm down as much as she could permit them to. Orin went on. Her words made sense, but at the same time, everything she said was accusing Lucifer of the crimes he'd committed, not her mate. Not her Taliesin. She let the woman finish before, controlling her tone a bit better now, lifting her chin in response.

Orin, Taliesin begged for Liam's life because the boy's his son. If Juliet or Titania commited a crime, even as evil as killing a child, would you want to see them killed? Her voice choked a bit with the next words that came out of her mouth. He begged for Liam's life because we'd already lost our Tammy. Killer or not, Liam was... is... still our son. Defending a murderer? What he did is unforgivable but it wasn't for his sake that Taliesin spared him.

It was a selfish action, Orin. We're all entitled to such things in time of great stress and anguish. We'd lost our daughter. What kind of father would he have been had he allowed his son the same fate? An eye for an eye works for us when it's not our flesh and blood... but Orin, would you have sentenced your own child to death, even for such a crime?

She left it at that. She didn't argue the rest, not feeling up to it at that moment. Instead, she moved away after sending all three (Taliesin through the window) a tired, irrate look. She sat herself down in the first chair she could find and sighed, pinching her brow and lowering her head. Her loyalties were being tested now and she hated it. ...I don't know his every thought and desire, Orin... Skye... but I know my mate, my husband. He's not a killer or a rapist. If blood decided our fates, I'd have been a rogue and a cannibal. Her mother had been, according to Dusk. Her glare settled on Orin now, daring the white woman to continue using blood as an excuse to accuse her mate of crimes he hadn't committed.

<style type="text/css">
.bobcat1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#051200 1px 1px 1px;}
.bobcat1 p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.bobcat1 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.bobcat1 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#603819; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.bobcat1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 5px; margin:0px;}
.bobcat1 {margin:0px auto; width: 450px; background-color:#a08f7d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/r7cPj.png); background-position:bottom right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:0px 0px 270px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#41240f; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px;}
.bobcat1 .name {color:#603819; font-size:50px; font-family: 'IM Fell English SC'; text-align:left; text-indent:5px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.bobcat1 b:before {
content: open-quote; }
.bobcat1 b:after {
content: close-quote; }
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread