the stars are all afire
[html]

(358)
Terra reminds me of Kaena. :3 This post be terribad, I am le tired. :C Must post, though. >< We can probably end this soonish, if you'd like. c:

Ithiel is by me!

He could best a wolf -- he had, previously. There were but two kills to Ithiel's name, but he had struck both of them down. They hadn't been large wolves, no, but they had been trained warriors -- at least as well as the wolves could train them. The dusky man considered her for a long time. Death was not a pretty thing to face; he wondered how young she had been at first glance into his skeletal face. Ithiel had been lucky enough to be nearly a man when he had first glared into those empty sockets. Perhaps if he had been younger, he would not retain the breath to speak of it.

Yes, he admitted at long last, looking down to his hands. He placed the shiv on the ground and flexed both of them, grimacing at the feeling in them. There was a strange tautness to his muscles, though he thought perhaps it was simply due to sitting so long. The soldier who cannot use his wits -- dies, the man said. Perhaps there was more soldier within Terra than she realized, and more trickster within Ithiel than he realized. Cleverness makes for a good leader, too. Ithiel admitted this readily, for he knew he lacked such cleverness as to make a good leader. The dusky-hued coyote was no Gabriel. He would lurk in his father's shadow as his subordinate for all his long (or short) life.

Do not mistake me -- you do what you must, as I've said, he added, the faintest look of a smile crossing his countenance. This rare expression was not one he expected to come of this meeting, but there it was, all the same. He had learned something thanks to her, and he was obliged to return her kindness with one of his own, however meager it was. And, I do see the usefulness of your tactic. This was perhaps as close to compliment as Ithiel dared venture with the wolf-coyote before him. He would not openly accept her lifestyle, as it now stood, but he would begrudgingly admit its practicality for one such as Terra.

<style>
#ithielSie {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#ithielSie p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#ithielSie p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#ithielSie .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#ithielSie .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#ithielSie b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#ithielSie u { text-decoration: underline; }
#ithielSie b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielSie b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielSie b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread