Lonely Artists and Jealous Friends
[html]
Hotaru

Word Count → 754 :: This is going to be all sorts of crazy. Hotaru is so jealous.

In the beginning it was enough for the blind wolf to sit and listen to the commotion surrounding her. It was enough to smell all of the wonderful things and all of the different canines that were enjoying the festival. She imagined what they might look like. She thought of the stalls, imagining everything as large purple tents, because purple was her favorite color, and beautiful canines all over the place. Of course, all of them decorated in lovely purple outfits. It was a beautiful fantasy that was only enhanced by her keen senses, making it seem all the more real. Fawkes sat silently on her shoulder as people passed by. The red tailed hawk had given up a while ago trying to keep people at a distance. It was a festival after all, there were canines everywhere.

She kept daydreaming until the scent of Light filled the air. Hotaru grew excited, thinking that Light might be coming to join her. It wasn't until an unfamiliar voice spoke that she realized the scent of Light was actually mingled with the scent of another. Hotaru turned her head, her red-tipped ear's twitching as she listened and her nose going to work as it frantically tried to make sense of the situation. This male, this very flamboyant male, smelled like Light. He smelled a lot like Light, too much like Light for her to be fully comfortable with this situation. Not only did the male-who-smelled-like-Light act as gay as can be, he was flirting with her too. Hotaru wiggled her nose a little, he reeked of alcohol. Before, the grey wolf used to love alcohol and how it smelled, but after she lost her eyesight she could only describe the smell as repulsive. Which at the time was a terrible thing because she couldn't even drown her sorrows in booze.

Hotaru turned her head away from the male as he leaned in, both the smell of alcohol and Light's scent upsetting her. "A pleasure to meet you Matteo, but I'm afraid I must decline your offer. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed right now so I need some time to rest." Her red-grey tail twitched slightly with annoyance, but she spoke in a very polite and friendly tone.

Just as she finished speaking, a familiar woof announced the presence of Hotaru's mysterious friend. Fawkes, returned her greeting with a cry of his own. He had grown to like the coywolf as she had been one of the few who had actually taken him seriously. "Well, if it isn't my mysterious friend from the Ethereal Eclipse. If we keep meeting like this you going to have to tell me your name eventually." Hotaru's tone had become a little brighter and even bordered on teasing. In truth, she was happy the coywolf had come along and hoped that she could save Hotaru from such an unsavory situation. Hotaru didn't want to find out why Matteo smelled like Light, the possible answers scared her.

With both the flamboyant male and mysterious female to occupy her thoughts Hotaru didn't even notice Light's approach. The sound of his voice immediately caught Hotaru's attention and her head swiftly turned towards the direction of the call. The weight on her shoulder disappeared as Fawkes flew off, probably to a higher location. Hotaru laughed as Light brought her in for a crushing hug, the smell of alcohol and Matteo all over his pelt. She wrinkled her nose, and her once wagging tail drooped. It wasn't hard to connect the dots. Hotaru pulled away a little and said in as joking a manner as she could pull, "It's good to see you too, but...Light, you stink. Have you been drinking?" She tried to act like that was the only thing she was bothered about and hoped they didn't notice, although she was a good actor and they were drunk so she felt a little confident about her act.

Hotaru didn't refuse his hand, she just grabbed it and tried to imagine that she would never need to let it go. "Again, nice to meet you Matteo. Light, the coywolf is my friend so please, do be nice." The grey wolf feigned happiness. Although she was happy to see Light and the female coywolf, she didn't want to find out about his pack mate. It scared her to think that she was loosing to a drunken, flamboyant, and not-blind wolf. Okay, the last part was a little ridiculous, but Hotaru felt like she somehow fell short because of her lack of eyesight.

<style type="text/css">
.hotarleaf .space {float:right; width:400px; height:350px;}
.hotarleaf b {font-weight:bold; color:#c0a59f; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#293340 1px 2px 2px;}
.hotarleaf p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.hotarleaf p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.hotarleaf .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#c0a59f; text-shadow:#293340 1px 2px 2px;}
.hotarleaf .name {font-size:60px; font-family: 'Give You Glory'; color:#c0a59f; text-align:left; text-shadow:#293340 1px 2px 2px; margin:25px; text-indent:10px;}
.hotarleaf p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.hotarleaf {width:98%; margin:0 auto; max-width:730px; min-width:500px; background-color:#69808d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/BMRRF.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #293340; padding:5px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#293340; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px;}
</style>

Messages In This Thread