if the futures been drawn out then nobody’s living
[html]
As she hurried about, ferrying many of the ancient bottles back to the dining room, Laurel leisurely slipped in and started to examine them. When he spoke for the first time, she had finished carrying in the last armful of hidden treasure. “That’s fine by me,” she grinned. The previous owner of this house’s loss was their gain — which practically meant all of this run-down place. It was sad in a way; not that Nikita really bothered to care, though. She chuckled and smiled impishly at Laurel under his dubious stare. “Oh, come now,” she said quietly, picking up the bottle he had been peering at and gave it a good look herself. A smile flickered at her lips. “Well, size isn’t everything.” She put the bottle down. Early on in her journeys, when she was a yearling, she drank water and alcohol in nearly equal doses, depending on the crowd she ran with. It had knocked her hard onto her ass, but she wasn’t as susceptible to its effects anymore.

She glanced around the open cabinets and cupboards, a frown springing to life on her face. “Too bad there aren’t any glasses around here that aren’t broken. We just might have to drink straight from the bottle.” Not that she terribly minded, but she was about to be living with a bit more company than just Laurel, after all. Maybe she wanted to put on a good impression. “Oh, well. I think that’s everything I can find from this house. Want to try another?” She stared at the pile of items they had collected before trying to go and find a cloth or something to wrap it all up in.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread