Panting After You
He watched her, listened to her words, watched her reactions. "I don't have a mate. Why would he be the one to answer it anyways?" That sealed it, he knew what was going on. She was in heat, but she'd never had it explained to her before. He cocked his head as she sat, his eyes studying her closely. "What is your name, child?" He wondered where her parents were, and why things hadn't been explained to the younger female.

He shifted his weight on his paws, watching her. After a moment, he spoke again. "I am Taliesin dir Rhiannon, Protettore and medic of Cercatori D'Arte. Am I wrong in assuming that you only know the need to get your... " He hesitated for a moment, then continued. "Your message known? But you aren't quite sure why or what it means?" He watched her reaction closely, his eyes narrowed in thought.

He was already picking and choosing his words to explain the estrus cycles, the signals she was putting off, the dangers she would need to avoid. He didn't want to bring her into the pack, into his house, though he did wish his mate was there to explain things. Coming from him it would sound almost clinical, or worse, suggestive. From another woman it was one of those woman to woman, heart to heart talks. His heart sank as he realized that in a year he and Sky would be having the same talk to their offspring.

Sheba jumped onto his back, settling between his broad shoulders, yawning. She was used to traveling with him, but it was rare that he traveled like this. Usually she trailed along side of him, or in his pack. She liked this form for the white canine. Her emerald green eyes studied the female, realizing the canine female was in heat. She leapt down to her male's feet, staring at the female. After a moment she arched her back and hissed, staying close to her male's feet.

Tal broke his pensive gaze to look at the feline, Sheba. After a moment, he lifted a broad paw and nudged her away. "Go home, Sheba." He looked into the feline's eyes. After a moment, Sheba turned and stalked off, making soft indignant sounds as she padded away. Tal returned his bi-colored gaze to the Courtier female.

((WC: 391))

Messages In This Thread