Down came a blackbird
[html]

Sorry about the wait on this! xD :: Word Count → 431

Drakien couldn't help but chuckle darkly at her words, thinking to himself that, yes, this man--whoever he was--would no doubt be punished quite severely, for the gods were indeed good. When they knew who to punish, anyway; a few words said over a fire might help things along in that area, but it wasn't really his place to help in that way, so he simply nodded and let it go, supposing that she would want to find and punish him one day on her own. At the mention of her living in a place not far from where they were, he raised his brows, glancing about curiously for a moment before returning his attention to her. She didn't smell as though she belonged to a pack, and the only place nearby was Halifax, which he'd been told only that morning belonged to no one; it was a rather curious admission, but he didn't think too much on it, only smiling and nodding along. "That is good to hear. I have been met with kindness, myself, though not offered a place to stay." He admitted, and then looked about for his flask as she took another drink of her own bottle, deciding a bit more Moonshine wouldn't hurt. "Not so much a problem for me, that is; I do not mind wandering." For the moment, at least.

She scooted closer as he confessed he'd had too much already, and he chuckled, barely feeling the fingers tracing his arm as he leaned more heavily on the other elbow, turning to look at her through half-lidded eyes. In his other hand the flask dangled, and he considered it, even as he admitted, "Oh, I would, as well. It is the waking up that would be a problem." With a little laugh. He was no light-weight when it came to booze, but it was common knowledge, at least among the caravan, that there could be too much of a good thing; the Moonshine, especially, was known among the revelers as a kind of poison, the sort that, when drunk too much, would put you into a deep slumber you simply wouldn't wake up from. A close friend of his had fallen under its spell shortly after he'd joined the caravan in the more officially permanent sense, and since then Drakien had learned that moderation was key.

He took another small sip and then set it aside for good, with a little chuckle at her outlook. "Too much is never too much, eh?" He winked, a devilish grin flashing across his face.

<style>
.drakien .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.drakien p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.drakien b {color:#CBCACA; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.drakien {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7239/draketab.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; }
.drakien-border {width:479px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.drakien .inner {margin:120px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread