This Moment that Defines Us
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... eofone.png); background-color:#000000; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right:15px; padding-top: 320px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc: No worries. A little tension was good for them. They might indeed meet each other again.

Despite what her impressed size would lead one to assume about her, conflict was more so her last, as opposed to first resort no matter how hard she was baited or how hostile the company. While it simply would have been easier to flash her fangs and compel the male to ease his hostilities, such an act would not only go against the impression set by her new home, but would also conflict the teachings of the Exultare. Subduing through force was far too easy and was often the first resort, while patience and thought tended to linger on the wayside. However patience was her first and hopefully only line of defense. To calm through carefully placed words and subduing gesture; that was how she was taught to contest forces like this.

But even with that intensive mental training, she was finding it hard to keep its practice. She had no qualms with this male, with anyone from Inferni and yet she was constantly provoked (oh, she could feel it) into testing her resilience until the tethers of her control snapped eliciting a reaction most unpleasant. Did he want a conflict? It was certainly appearing that way, and at the thought the she-wolf felt her smile wane especially when he would not give her his name.

“Oh,” she mouthed the word with a quiet breath of disappointment. “Well, it would have been nice to have a name to call you should we meet again. But to each their own preference.” Obviously this encounter was getting her nowhere, and if her friend were to arrive it should have been sooner than now to keep this growing debacle from ever happening. Perhaps she just wouldn’t show today. Slowly the large beast pushed herself up to stand, relinquishing possession of the badger as she nudged it toward the silvery male. “Here,” she offered the meat with a disappointed sigh. “I suppose if my friend were to come, they would have done so already. If you don’t mind the catch not being your own, you are more than welcome to have this gift for yourself.” Her amber eyes wandered between the prey as the lithe male silently gauging her chances of leaving this encounter unscathed before taking a bold step away from the border. “I have to return to my duties,” she announced, again braving another step away from the clearly irritated male. “But this was an interesting encounter my friend. Perhaps the next time we meet, you will give me your name.” It was doubtful as it was silly to imply they were meet again, but it was the culture of the Nomads speaking through her. Never speak the word ‘goodbye’ to the living, but wish them will in the hopes to meet them again. There was little doubt in her mind, however, that this particular living being could do without seeing her face again.

Placing more distance between them and leaving the badger as sort of a toll for a safe escape, she bid her farewell in a whisk of her tail then retraced her steps to the foot of the mountains where she knew her mate had been stalking and waiting.

530 words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread