Panting After You
"Terra. My friends call me Tal." He watched as she curled her tail around her body. That little gesture did much to temporarily cover the scent of her heat. He eased his body into a seated position, his eyes thoughtful. "Terra, you are in heat. That is, your body is putting off hormones to let the males around you know that you are... ready to be mated with, ready to have a litter of pups fathered with you. Thats why you keep talking about a message. That's why I told you not to leave. If you don't have a mate, you really should stay close to those who are trustworthy. There are canines out there, bad ones, who would take that message and use it to their advantage. They would use it to hurt you, to hurt your body. To rape you. To force you to have puppies without the security of a mate ship.

Trust me, Terra. While it might seem otherwise, the world is full of bad canines who would do that to you."
He was serious, his voice both flat and concerned. He couldn't impress on her how dangerous it was to be in heat and not someplace safe without a mate. It had happened to his mother at different times in her life, and he knew it had happened to others, especially the females in Phoenix Valley. Those occurrences had been thanks to Lucifer, the pale scholar's sire. Happily, he was nothing like the male who had impregnated his mother once upon a time.

He watched Terra's face. "Ask me anything, Terra, and I will answer it for you. I only want to help you, not frighten you."

((wc: 282))

Messages In This Thread