the burning heart of god
[html]

(261)

Siv was not truly led by much. While she craved power, it was only because power could offer stability. The Hearg had not been that place for her, and now Salsola would be. As long as her quiet daughter was kept strong and grew into a mighty thing then her role did not truly matter—but her birthright as volva was to assume the Crone position. Magic was her domain regardless of her faith within the realm itself. Once more finding faith in the gods had restored some of this, but her magic was not entirely given to the spiritual realm. Psychotherapy (though she did not know this as the term) played a strong role in her behavior; by observing and manipulating those around her Siv thus wove her own path.

“I am,” she explained, thick hair tumbling around her shoulder as she folded her arms over her breasts. “For birds, actually. Ravens. Have you seen any in your travels? I need a flock to complete what I’m working on.” If anyone had come across the prey within this land it would be Salvia. Siv noted that the cat behind the girl seemed quite interested by the mention of birds. He sat up, pupils widening in the odd manner of all cats. Siv found that the beast magic of this girl was remarkable; she had little control over any animals and just seeing a cat reach nearly the same size as a wolf was remarkable. Both Salvia and her pet were still young, of course, and had much room to grow.

<style>
#siv-thor {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#siv-thor p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#siv-thor p.siv-img {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#siv-thor .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#siv-thor .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#siv-thor b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#siv-thor u { text-decoration: underline; }
#siv-thor b { font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 13px; }
#siv-thor b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread