casting such a thin shadow
[html]

Bleach listened with a moderately concerned expression, like a doctor who was receiving a list of symptoms from a patient. After Skoll finished speaking she nodded, smiling lightly. He was dismissing the matter for now, but she would probably offer him something later on, perhaps to reduce scarring or the like. Her natural inclination to aid the wounded was quite overpowering at times. Pushing herself off the rock, she waded in the shallow rapids to the shore, then completed the few steps that would bring her side-by-side to the scarred wolf. She had to look upwards to speak to him properly, but she didn't feel that intimidated.
"I was born into a lifestyle that much resembled the humans'. I had a bed, and a house. Come to think of it, I've made use of human things all my life." The woman paused to dwell on things long passed. A wry smile crept on to her face as her thoughts progressed, the memories of her previous homes parading through her mind. With a soft chuckle, they were forgotten for the time being. "It gives a new meaning to the phrase 'creature comforts,' eh?"
She was quite aware that it was more modern (or perhaps, oldfashioned) across the pond. That fact had been obvious during her days on The Barracuda, sailing to the few ports in the Americas and the surrounding islands. The thing that rather surprised her, however, was the ease at which she was adjusting to feral life. Perhaps it was the gypsy blood in her. Again, she shrugged off thoughts and memories, returning to the conversation at hand.
"You seem to have adopted some human ways yourself," she stated after a moment, tapping the axe-handle protruding from his side with a claw.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread