[m] there is a time for every thing
She smiled when she finally saw the silvery man's eyes catch sight of her standing there on the fence, and the small wave became a big one. “Hey, over here!” She said, even though he had already seen her and was coming this way. As he closed in her eyes trailed just for a moment over his body. She was becoming used to the look of the disfigured man and no longer saw his scars, his blind eye, his missing arm as such a repelling disfigurement. In fact, the whole arm thing just reminded her of Jacques, even though his was missing at the shoulder and Noah's at about the elbow. Either way, it sort of reminded her of when she first came to be in Nova Scotia, and why she had come, and that simple reminder was kind of soothing to the woman.

She set her hand back on the fence to hold herself steady, still propped up by the bottom plank that held the pigs within their pen. With the boost in height Orin still wasn't even at eye level with the man, but she looked like much less of a pip squeak this way.

“Oh, just looking at all the stuff,” she answered. She turned to look at the pigs once again, and giggled softly as one grunted about beneath her. “I think I want one. They're weird. But I don't see much of a point, they don't have milk like Soraya the Cow does. So why keep them?”

Her eyes shifted to the piglets. “If all those belong to her then they have large litters.” She said as she pointed them out to Noah. “I guess they're purely meat and fertilizer. Maybe that could be a good thing? Oh well, anyway, all I brought with me to trade was some milk and some dyes, and the traders aren't very interested. They have enough of it themselves.”

She sighed and stepped down off the beam, turning away from the thing she thought she wanted but probably could not have. Now she was tiny, short little curvy Orin again. Her eyes turned up to Noah. “And now my turn. What brings you here today? I thought New Dawn wasn't interested in this kind of stuff.”

((wc 383))

Messages In This Thread