[J] A leap of faith
Alonso could see the expressions on the females face change as quickly as the passing seasons. As he told her his story she appeared deeply moved and he could clearly see the pity etched on her face. She then appeared curious and studied him carefully as though making up her mind about something. As he finished his story she looked worried and as she started to speak she switched to a more apologetic tone. The changes were enough to drive Alonso to a tizzy trying to figure out what she was thinking!

It was only when she spoke that he realized her cause for concern. Actually Alonso was a little relived by her words. He wasn't aware if there were any tests or challenges that he might have to complete before being accepted by the pack and to have to only answer such a simple question was infinitely simpler. Alonso lost no time in trying to reassure her otherwise. “Not all dear lady. As a cub I was always taught to never paint the world or its people with the same colours. Even in Mexico, before the attack on my pack, there had been many Luperci that passed through the lands. They were always welcome guests in our pack and I have had many an interesting conversation or fun game with them.” He thought for a few minutes on what more to say, trying to make her understand, before continuing on again. “Even on my arrival here at Nova Scotia I have found it to be much the same. While I would be lying if I said that every Luperci I met was friendly, I could also say the same for many natural wolves. And most of the Luperci that I have met here have been very friendly and helpful in showing me the area.” Alonso attempted to convey the sincerity of his thoughts through his words as he finished by saying “Rest assured I harbor no grudge against the species as a whole.”

Word Count: 334

Messages In This Thread