Playful Decisions
[html]

Word Count → 332 :: Out of Character text.

Sophie didn't notice as her new friend had a harder time keeping up than she did, but he was there when they reached the tent, so she didn't realize anything had gone wrong. Her tail waved brightly as they moved inside, and she grinned her thanks at him as he held the tent flap open for her--it was quite heavy for her to get on her own. As they made their way into the art tent and Sophie found them a corner that was mostly out of the way of everyone else, the young girl considered his question, her nose wrinkling. " 'S not really hard," She said thoughtfully, and plopped down on the grassy spot she'd chosen, waiting for the wolf to come around with paper and paint for the new comers, "But it could be, I s'pose. Most people use those weird fuzzy stick things," She nodded toward the paintbrushes in other peoples' hands, and then added brightly, "But I gots my paws! And my nose."

Just then Draw came around to them with onion skin paper and a small tray of paints, smiling brightly. Sophie returned the grin, and as the sheets and paints were set down, she pawed at one to drag over to herself, and then nudged one with her nose to her companion, maneuvering so that the paints were between them. There were a few extra sheets, just in case, and Sophie grinned brightly at her friend, her tail wagging happily. "See, watch," She said, and then very carefully bent to dip the tip of her nose in the paint. Then, dripping slightly and panting so that she didn't splatter paint everywhere, she moved her nose to the paper and brushed it across in a streak of green. Rather proud of her accomplishment, she lifted her head, her ears perked, and wagged her tail.

It would have gone slightly better if she didn't sneeze just then. But all and all, it was a successful paint stroke.

<style type="text/css">
.sophly .space {float:right; width:115px; height:260px;}
.sophly b {font-weight:bold; color:#ebf3f5; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#352b37 1px 1px 2px;}
.sophly p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.sophly p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.sophly .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#ebf3f5; text-shadow:#352b37 1px 1px 2px;}
.sophly p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.sophly {width:485px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#a19fc4; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/DujCo.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:200px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#352b37; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread