Beating the Master at their Own Game
3+
[html]

The pale dog frowned, looming over the seated pair in the gloom of the tent. He had the audacity to tell her she was the one denying the truth, when everything he had set himself up to be here could be nothing but a lie. And she hadn't meant that he'd literally got a bow and arrow, but that was what he'd said was in the teacup already. She was losing patience fast, or at least fast for her usual infinite levels of endurance.

Terra still had enough of an attention span to ask him to go on, though, so Caspa remained despite herself, although she wanted to ask how Terra thought he could tell any kind of truth that had not yet come to pass. Such a thing could only live in the imagination. Whatever he said could only be a lie or at best a guess. Macarius did not seem to wish to be so compliant this time, though. He smirked at Terra, but it was not a spiteful expression, more of a kindly amusement. "I don't see what is so easy about it. It's clear that even you don't know that story." Caspa turned away, her jaw clenching. Somehow, he'd dredged up her recent past... or was it her fault, had she had the matter on the brain and thus interpreted his words as relating to her fight? Still, the mixture of coincidence and guesswork had touched a nerve, although she didn't particularly care herself, she was still determined to protect her pack from the knowledge. She would end up being forced to explain everything soon, if she wasn't careful. Sneaking a look at the meddling medium out of one black eye, she caught him giving her the tiniest of nods, and quickly turned away again. He acted like he knew so much: but it was just an act, and they musn't get themselves involved in it, give him still more ammunition in the form of insight. She could feel his eyes leaving her, and his attention turning back to the coy-wolf who had placed her challenge before him, and breathed more easily.

"Your cup is hard to read," he was saying. "It shows me your path is not as fixed as you think. And nor is mine," he added, and there was a sharpness in his tone.

<style type="text/css">
.caspaseaview b {font-weight:bold; color:#212527; letter-spacing:1px; }
.caspaseaview .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#4d5050}
.caspaseaview p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.caspaseaview {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#e8ebe9; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/yDXkc.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 8px 0px 206px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#434644; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

table image credit to Burksy@flickr
[/html]

Messages In This Thread