Chasing a Dream
[html]

Word Count → 482

out of character text

Hotaru was the type of wolf who rarely showed her true emotions. Expect for when she was in the presence of a select few she kept a calm mask or dawned a polite smile. Only when she was in front of those she truly trusted, did Hotaru let down her guard completely. However, this was one of those rare times that Hotaru truly smiled. The blind wolf always had a tough time fitting into the pack. Although the boat building project had made things a little better, it wasn't until Dara's admittance that Hotaru really felt she belonged. She had actually helped bring someone new into the pack. Not only that, but they had a new pack member. After the murder, many had left the pack, including Shawchert. It was a devastating blow to the pack moral. With the admittance of a new member, Hotaru felt like things might return to normal.

It wasn't all that surprising to Hotaru that Dara didn't recognize the word. She might have known several languages, but she was also young. Dara's vocabulary was bound to be limited due to her youth and inexperience. "A linguist is someone who studies languages. It is a position to be admired. After all, being fluent in several languages requires a special gift as well as heavy study." For a moment, the grey wolf wondered how exactly she should describe herself. Unfortunately, there were many who didn't believe she could carve. Even if Hotaru tried to show them examples of her work, they would never believe her. However, the young female's voice was filled with the same wonder and anticipation that Sophie often carried. Hotaru's smile grew bigger, it was almost a full blown grin at that point. She really did have a soft spot for puppies.

After a moments hesitation the grey wolf continued. "I'm a woodworker. I create tools or pieces of art out of wood. Sometimes, I even create instruments, although only on rare occasions. I'm afraid it's not my forte." Dara's point about a home was a good one. Hotaru herself had claimed a house in Thornburry. Perhaps the young linguist would choose to become Hotaru's neighbor. It was an intriguing thought, although Hotaru had to admit, she like the privacy her current location offered.

"I believe there are still many houses in Thornburry that would make suitable homes. Thornbury is where most, if not all, of the pack live. Am I correct in that account?" The blind wolf turned her body to face Skye. Hotaru thought she remembered several houses being available, however she didn't know what their current state was. Shawchert had been in charge of keeping the wooden houses in good condition. With him gone there was no one to keep them up to speed in the repairs. Hotaru wondered if she should take up that position herself. After all, she was a woodworker.

Quote by: Maurice Freehill

<style type="text/css">
.character-HotaruBlind b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFD700 ; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-HotaruBlind .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-HotaruBlind p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.character-HotaruBlind {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ZWce2.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 353px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#DCDCDC; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread