i like to pretend i'm burning bright
[html]
Poor 'tole. :o

Already, as the excitement and terror was beginning to wear away, the sun prince found himself amazed by the incident he had just survived. His green eyes darted to the buried deer leg that had been the catalyst for this battle, and he shook his head. He couldn’t wait to tell his littermates about this! Well—if he could trust them, that is. Probably he could make Hati keep his mouth shut, but Lottie would probably blabber about this to his caretakers anyway.

The threat of punishment worried him more than the actual bobcat, and the bewildered but cocky smile that had started to form on his face faded immediately. He would have to be quiet about this—as if no one in the Court would ask questions about his wounds and smell the stench of aggressive feline on him.

He turned his head again to find the similarly-colored eyes settled on him, and his tail waved once. The other’s facial wound looked really nasty, but he didn’t know quite the extent of pain—his nose stung real bad, and his fur-cushioned rear was not far from behind, but it wasn’t agony. His tongue swept up over his own muzzle in an act of sympathy before he shrugged.

Not too bad, Skoll said, his expression casual though his voice still carried a tremor. He grinned then, breathless, all of the excitement rushing back through him after this total three seconds of solemnity. You were big’n’brave! Like a knight. You beat that mean ol’ cat real good. His curled tail waggled behind him, and he began to prance in place until the exhaustion reclaimed him.

Whatcha name, sir?

<style type="text/css">
.skskl b {font-weight:bold; color:#702b19; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #b79031; }
.skskl p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.skskl {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#905c2c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/HS0ne.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 350px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#cba060; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.skskl p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.skskl p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread