Of Sea Mists and Memories
[html]
I always think that being able to write a character when they are sad is as important as being able to write them when they are happy Smile It is good for character development, the hardest character I ever had was super happy all the time, I found it really, really dull XD

Soran was very pleased that Ciara accepted her motherly affection, she just felt that at this moment that the young mottled female needed a little bit of mothering, to be looked after and cared for, the ebony Betess was more than happy to be the motherly one to this young girl. In fact after the girl's kindness to Noah Soran had already decided that she was going to keep a watchful eye on her, to look after her and make sure that she was happy and safe in the lands, if that ended up with her playing the mother, well the dark female already had seven children, three step sons and three adopted children, along with four grandchildren and even three great grandchildren, another one would be a welcome addition. In truth Soran loved all of those that she had taken under her wing, her own children had scattered themselves to the four winds, she had not seen any of them for months, she was a motherly creature and she needed to look after those who were in need, no matter who they would be. She smiled at the young female as she locked eyes with her, the ebony female knew that this was no act of defiance, it was a sign that she considered the Beta to be a friend, a family member. The female nuzzled into Soran's neck and the ebony matriarch leaned into the gesture, moving to rub her chin against the top of the young female's head once again, trying to comfort her. The young female began to speak, Soran turned her ears to listen to her, she sat in silence, her head resting over the younger girl's as she spoke, the ebony wolfess knew that this was all of great importance to the young female, that she was spilling her heart, divulging information that she had perhaps not told anyone before; Soran felt honoured at this, but she also knew to keep quiet, to allow the younger girl to speak without interruption. She listened carefully as the girl spoke, keeping her in the embrace that they had found themselves in, a wolven version of a hug.

As the girl spoke Soran's heart filled with sorrow for her, it seemed that she had had a very hard young life, it seemed that the Beta wolf and this young girl had more in common than either had realised. Soran had had a lot of troubles in her younger life and it seemed that Ciara had had a similar upbringing. It seemed that they had both been through unimaginable horrors in their youth, horrors that no child should see. Soran's heart went out to the young female at that moment, she rubbed her chin against the younger female's head again, she so wanted her to be able to see her life at this moment, to witness what had happened to Soran herself, so that she could see that it does get better, that you could end up as the Beta female of a pack with a huge family around you, even when you've had a horrid childhood. At that moment Soran moved her head away from the younger girl's and stared out into the sea.
"I know exactly how you feel Ciara, believe me I do." Soran spoke sadly, staring out at the sea.
"My father was the Alpha of our pack, and he was a psychopath. When he was young a black wolf attacked the pack, from then on he decided that all black pelted wolves were the most evil things ever to walk the land." Soran started, looking down at her own jet black pelt for emphasis.
"When I was born my siblings were all dead, I was the only black wolf, my father slaughtered my mother on the spot simply for having given birth to me... I never knew her. He would have killed me as well, had it not been for another wolf, a wolf named Becca, she protected me and raised me alongside her pups, one of whom became my best friend, his name was Iikka. My father grew more insane and Becca, Iikka and I fled the pack, he hunted me and killed Becca, he killed both my mothers... and then he killed Iikka as well, he left me completely alone and chased me endlessly across the lands." Soran said, revealing something which not many knew, only a handful of wolves had ever been told the true story of Soran's early life and many of them were dead now, the only living wolf who knew was Deuce and she was Soran's mate; no matter how Soran trusted someone, the tale of her young life was often too painful to divulge. Ciara would probably never know how lucky she was to have been told this tale.
"He followed me relentlessly, I felt so alone, that I would never find someone who would care for me. Then I found Syemv, the first pack I belonged to here, in the old lands. There I learned that you did not have to have wonderful parents to have a family. What I am saying Ciara, is that I will be your family if you let me, the whole pack will be yours if you let us." Soran said, fighting the cold, wistful look from her eyes and looking from the sea back to Ciara warmly with her last sentence, her offer. She gave the young girl a smile and nuzzled her with her nose, before straightening up again.

"How did your mother die? If it's not too painful to tell me, if it is I will understand." The sable female asked, resting her head on top of Ciara's again, as if she was hugging her.

<style type="text/css">
.sorangift b {font-weight:bold; color:#e9f2f9;}
.sorangift p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.sorangift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#9a9a8d; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... oran-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #BFA1A5; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#525662; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 956
Table made by the wonderful Vannah <3
[/html]

Messages In This Thread