Bone to pick
[html]
OOC / +358

Zalen listened to her but did not look upon her, a single black ear turned to her voice while he looked forward, feeling what little rain could make it through the canopy above to patter on his snout. So it wasn’t the punishment she was upset about but the witnessing of it by the Ichikans. He let loose a low, grumbling sigh as she continued and only when she was finished did he turn to her, I do not know what the extent of the evidence was against Noah, but why would they have come to me with such news if it was a farce? There is no reason why Ichika would want bad blood between us, so I took them for their word, and they were most sincere.

Then shifting uncomfortably on the damp ground, he continued, It was my suggestion that the Ichikans be present. I made this decision because I did not want there to be any sense of doubt that the punishment had been fulfilled and done so in a manner that they approved of. He turned away then, I would not have done so if we had a great relationship with them, but the fact of the matter is we don’t, and steps had to be taken to ensure that trust could once again be built. He looked at her again then, his face stoic.

As he spoke it he wondered if she would be angry with him, he was sure she would be, for Titania had such a fire in her that her wrath would be one full of heat. But he was like the water to quench her inferno, and there would be peace between them one way or another. He had asked X’yrin to witness the punishment, for it was obvious in their meeting that there was a tension between the packs that Noah had created, one that could possibly grow to an extent that it would kill any chance at a true alliance. Zalen had decided to quash such possibilities right then and there, even if in doing so it brought greater shame to Noah, and discomfort to Titania.

<style type="text/css">
.zalen-widow b {font-weight:bold; color:#7b6653; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3e250f; }
.zalen-widow p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.zalen-widow {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#110f0f; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/66epvr.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 240px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4f3f31; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.zalen-widow p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.zalen-widow p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread