how can our voices not be one?
[html]

Augustus
OOC It's not bad! Smile ! And Happy Valentines Day xD -- Word Count → 504

Her words surprised him and he showed his teeth, rows of daggers not yet stained by age displayed in jagged rows like daggers glinting maliciously in the light of day. He did not state that she had trespassed, but she had drawn attention to herself for what reason he could not guess, but it seemed terrible suspicious and he regarded her through narrowed eyes. "You came here to spy." He growled. "I serve as defender and hunter of these lands, and lay claim to all prey within range. I will not have their corpses scavenged by coyotes." His words were laced with a growl, growing louder and fiercer in his throat. His hair stood on end along his back and neck, making him look even larger. He would not back down. He delivered a genuine warning and did not act out of animosity to her race, not yet at least. When he heard the word ‘hunter’ spill from her lips it incited his fury. "Coyotes do not hunt." He protested, still of the belief that everyone had their place and coyotes were second to wolves always. "They scavenge, stealing meat from the wolf’s mouth. Parasites, benefiting from our struggles. Do not presume to call yourself a hunter in my presence."

His eyes beheld her darkly. When she postured he arced his tail above his back, but kept his head low. He would not show her his throat. He had not snarled just yet, but when she revealed her full descent it ripped from his muzzle. "You are not my kind! My family has continued on for generations without a drop of tainted blood. Even half coyote, you are still unworthy of our trust." He was strong-willed at the worst of times and proved it now as her words came and went, unacknowledged.

When she calmed in her odd way he flicked his tail in annoyance. No, he did not know. He’d only scouted the borders of Inferni once before to distinguish their scent from the other northern packs, hoping to be able to recognize its members by smell alone. He did not linger overlong, and did not attempt to communicate with any one of them. Knowing full well what could occur. He was not truly that stupid to declare himself on the verge of enemy terrain, to welcome any encounter that came, and with it his death, possibly. He was not as level-headed as his Alpha, his narrow mind passed down from generation to generation and encouraged by a pure gene pool. Perhaps that fact had further persuaded his superiors to raise him up, trusting that he would never yield to an outsider, no matter in what manner they chose to appear.

"And what does your name matter to me? You’re not someone I wish to know any better. I’m not looking for a friend." He nearly spat the word friend, as if the idea disgusted him. "The only concerns I have are that of my pack. I will not harbor fondness for outsiders."

Take the light and darken everything around me. Call the clouds, and listen closely I'm lost without you...

template by revo. <3

[/html]

Messages In This Thread