Carnival [aw]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... retkey.png); background-color:#090905; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc: Poor thing has never eaten an egg in her life

The Nomad was only ever put at ease when she felt she still had some control over the bird in her possession, and his little display left her feeling anything but secure about his presence. And there was little need to hide such naked emotion, regardless of position or pack, she was sad as any other; a creature subjected to the whims of emotion though some were better concealed that others. She growled softly to her companion in the hopes to steal his attention away from the chickens before she even attempted to further a conversation with the d’Arte vender. But he was quite the stubborn one and for each humoring look he gave his handler another was cast to the chickens below. Oh, he was too hungry to play nice and wanted to keep an eye on his potential meal. The golden female rectified it was the best she would get from her companion at the moment though he made no movement to leave her shoulder. But as a precaution she brought her hand to rest just over his claws more to ease herself that this little trick was enough to keep the bird in place.

Smiling somewhat bashfully, she returned her full attention to the red-maned female with a humble dip of her muzzle once more. “It is a pleasure to meet you miss Skye Collins. I am X’yrin of Ichika no Ho-en. And my beautiful companion, as you say, does not yet have a name since he refuses to give it to me.” For a moment she had forgotten how the cultural ways of the Nomads differed from the more common ideals of names and their meanings. It seemed a topic worth explaining yet she be considered mad for waiting for a name from a creature that could hardly be said to speak coherently except to the trained ear. However she believed the encounter to be one in passing and spared the both of them a long (and possibly boring) explanation. After all, her attentions were better placed on the woman and what she had to offer.

At the mention of the chickens again her ears perked with interest as the favored the idea of indeed trading for another, not for her companion but for the pack as a whole. Additional livestock could perhaps help them… but the eggs? “Eggs to eat?” The chicken yes, but their eggs? “You can eat them? How? Why?” It seemed silly to inquire, but in truth the thought hadn’t crossed her mind at all. Even with the chickens at the Ranch she hadn’t once thought to eat anything other than their little bodies, but hearing this gave her an insight to a whole different possibility. One she was interested to explore.

461 words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread