red solo cup
[html]

Yep, that's what we agreed for. ^^ And embarrassed Arty amuses me. xD

Word Count → 460

The tables were overturned, chairs splayed all over the place, and the bar itself was littered with broken glasses and debris. It was obvious this place was ransacked before the humans’ demise, but besides the scenery, the only other thing that seemed to be out of place was a metal machine that had seen better days with round, flat stones Arthur knew to be coins surrounding it. The boy made no attempt to be quiet as he stepped around the furniture, sometimes turning a chair or a table over in case their bodies concealed anything. Slowly he made his way to the bar, cleared all the junk that was sprawled upon it with a sweep of his arm, and pulled himself on top of the counter so he could stand upon it to search the room better. It was a pretty small room with a door in the corner to probably what was another small space, so it would not take him long to find out if what he was searching for was to be found there or not.

After surveying the area, he jumped down to behind the bar, and started to rummage through there. “No… no.” Muttering to himself, Monahan pulled out dirty wine glasses, not giving them a second look as he set them down on the dusty ground. He went through many dirty glasses, short ones and skinnies ones and some which shapes were out of this world, until he reached a clue, which brought a smile to his face as he took a hold of it and straighten up. “You lookin’ for something?” “What the bloody hell?!” the pale man barked in surprise, nearly dropping the empty beer bottle as he quickly turned to face another Luperci, which he had not notice until that very moment. He tossed the bottle around for a second, trying to recover his grip on it while his heart raced in his throat.

“A-aye, lad, I am lookin’ for something,” he murmured once he took a firm hold on the container and his heartbeat returning to its normal pace, looking down on his finding then to the boy. “But what the bloody hell were ya thinkin’, sneakin’ up on me like that! I’m not lookin’ for a heart attack!” Arthur asked with a little vigor, now annoyed at the fact that he may have looked like a fool juggling around a beer bottle out of shock. He took a big huff to calm himself down, and looked back at the younger man with a crooked smile. “Sorry there, mate, didn’t mean to snap at you there. Just spooked me, ya know? Name’s Arthur Monahan, of Cercatori d’Arte, about a couple of hours’ journey from ‘ere. Might’ve heard of them before?”

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.arthur-redsolocup { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RslZH.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#774343; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:285px 0px 10px 0px; color:#ad7777; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.arthur-redsolocup b {color:#ff4344; }
.arthur-redsolocup p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.arthur-redsolocup p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.arthur-redsolocup .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.arthur-redsolocup .wordcount {color:#ff4344; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread