fluorescent adolescent
[html]

Blarp, here I am! >> Word Count: 3+

Sirius by Nat

She was like a doe caught in the headlights - So wary of him, so off-guard. It was simply delightful to the wicked monarch. He basked in her unconscious unease, the way her eyes darted to his face, so wide and, dare he assume it, nervous? The dark smile remained on black lips, curved just slightly as his poisonous eyes glittered with amusement. It was a shame he had not stumbled across her before now - Sirius was thoroughly enjoying her reactions to his presence thus far.

A speculative eye wondered how old the girl was. She seemed youthful - Her face was still flushed with the true beauty of barely-adulthood. But, perhaps she was older than her lithe form and pretty eyes suggested. Narrowed pupils slowly looked her up and down as the girl spoke, darting up to her face only at the mention of new traps to the northern stretch of the thistle kingdom. A soft hum of consideration spilled from his maw. "That is just as well. We might have neighbors soon, on the other breach of Halcyon. I want you and Denver to keep that border well-patrolled," His voice, that thick succulent purr which so sensually eased its way to power and control, was calm and level. But, deep behind shallow acidic eyes, the king's thoughts brooder darker at thoughts of the presence to the north. If a new pack was to be founded there, Salsola would have to be much more observant and dutiful in keeping its borders secure.

The girl spoke again, and he followed her gaze to the bird. The monarch's expression remained pleasantly bland as she mentioned the bird's usefulness, and although instinct and pride kept his consideration of the idea completely hidden from her pretty emerald eyes, the King saw great appeal in what she suggested. He pondered it a moment, gaze smoothly shifting from the bird back to the face of his youngest scout. "Well, then. We will have to find you a tutor," His simple acceptance of her suggestion was given without excess praise or embellishment - That was not his way. Regardless, Maggie should have felt great pride that her idea was accepted so readily. Sirius' expression became thoughtful, one hand lifting so that the huge, wicked claws on his fingers could pensively stroke the small beard at the end of his chin. "If I can find none to teach you, then perhaps I will, myself."

<style>
#siriusal1 {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#siriusal1 p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#siriusal1 p.alImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#siriusal1 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#siriusal1 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#siriusal1 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#siriusal1 u { text-decoration: underline; }
#siriusal1 b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#siriusal1 b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#siriusal1 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread