Starlight, star bright
[html]

This post is sloppy but I wanted to reply to Natenate!+3

The kid’s fixation on the heavens amused her, as his vivid eyes kept flickering upwards while they were speaking. It was obvious he was struggling to keep attention divided as was polite, but the female didn’t care and only watched him with a crooked smirk when he wasn’t looking at her. She could understand being captivated by beauty, however, and even if others might call it foolish, it was a part of them. One had to stop and smell the roses when they had the opportunity. The unpolluted firmament was definitely worthy to spend all night gazing upon, however, and she wouldn’t fault the boy for appreciating something others often overlooked.

Her pale blue eyes softened slightly as he spoke about the stars, and she smirked again at his last statement, tipping her narrow muzzle up to point at one cluster of constellations. “I know how you feel,” she murmured, “especially on nights like these.” She shrugged her shoulders lightly and returned her gaze to his amber one. “I almost appreciate the mystery of the stars, though, makes them more beautiful. Knowledge is important, but if it’s not necessary, it only ruins the magic of things. Simply speculating allows everyone to come up with their theories, theories as much a part of themselves as anything else.” Her voice was uncharacteristically level and calm as she spoke; the Optio did not philosophize often, and it often surprised others when the scarred fighter paused to remark on such things.

Her almost soft demeanor shifted when he submitted, however, her eyes growing alert once more and her lips quirking sideways. Smirk quickly turned to scowl as he called her “ma’am” several times, though she waited until he was done fumbling over his words to respond to them.

“First of all,” Vesper said, her brow furrowing and her ears flattening against her angular skull, “don’t call me ma’am or miss or any stupid title like that. Yes, I have the bits, but that doesn’t make me some prissy lady.” She snorted at him, her expression lightening suddenly to reveal she was teasing him. “I’m Optio, but I consider myself equal to you. I’d like respect and to be listened to, but other than that, I might as well not outrank you.”

That lesson in etiquette out of the way, she absently played with the rabbit’s ears with a small paw and answered his questions. “I’ve heard creepier, kid—er, Nathaniel. I live in the caverns, myself; can’t stand to sleep in a human structure. To each their own, though…” She smirked lightly at him then rested her eyes on the dead prey. “I was actually just hunting, taking advantage of the twilight. Rabbits are surprisingly active around that time; there still might be some late-to-bed out there.” She regarded him with some curiosity, her question latent.

<style type="text/css">
.vestarchaos b {font-weight:bold; color:#6d758f; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;}
.vestarchaos t {font-style:italic; color:#6d758f; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;}
.vestarchaos .ooc {color:#6d758f; padding:0px; font-size:10px; font-family:verdana; text-align:right; padding:0px 10px;}
.vestarchaos p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; font-size:12px;}
.vestarchaos {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/1ya3ow.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:10px; padding:370px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:cambria; font-size:13px; color:#5e443a; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:justify;}</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread