Starlight, star bright
[html]

They can find the bunnies in your post, I guess; feel free to pp Vesper however much you need to. +5

Vesper had always been cocky, and as a teenager seething about the death of her mother at her father’s fangs, she’d expected that everyone look up to her as the paradigm of superiority. Being swatted and bitten and stepped on by several grouchy loners for yapping at them had quickly set her straight, however, and her morals had developed away from demanding reverence to simply expecting mutual respect. She still thought herself basically good and someone worth that respect, but she didn’t ask for what she wouldn’t give in return if someone else was the same. Lately, with the talk of slaves in the east, she had developed an almost radical view of equality. As much as she denied how worked up she was over Salsola, it showed in her response to the boy.

She listened to his explanation of the mansion then nodded. After squeezing into one of the houses in the village, she’d recognized how far a little insulation went, even though she’d still refuse to sleep under a human-built roof unless she was dying of hypothermia. “The cold bothers me too,” she admitted, “but Myrika gave me a pelt to hang over the entrance to the den. It’s not very much, but it helps a little.” Her tail wagged behind her lightly as she mentioned this, and it continued with slightly larger sweeps as the boy talked about his nomadic lifestyle. “I was like that when I first joined, though winter had only just begun. I figure that now I’m Optio, I might as well have a fixed place though, somewhere clan members can come if they need me. Then again, there’s just as much of a chance that I’d be roaming outside Inferni as staying in Grimwell.” She smirked.

The boy confessed that he wasn’t a good hunter, and she almost snorted at him until he mentioned his deceased father. Hybrid—a man Vesper had never met, one who’d apparently died just before she had officially requested to join the clan. It must have been hard, as from what she’d heard of the former Hydra, he likely wasn’t been the most affectionate of parents. There was no room for her to judge, though, and she only nodded at his explanation before he mentioned being hungry and asked her to lead the way.

The tawny coywolf laughed. “Right to the point, aren’t you?” she teased. “Give me a moment—and shift down. Four legs are always easier to hunt on, unless you’re like Ezekiel and have a magic bow.” She dipped her head to grab the rabbit, moving quickly around the boulder Nathaniel had been sitting on, and with a few quick scrapes of her paws, managed to find a place to wedge the meat. They could come back to it when they were done, or it might just fester and attract other attention; she didn’t know. It was pointless to let it lie out in the open or head to the residences to store it, however.

“All right,” Vesper quipped, stepping back out from the boulder. She wasted no time looking at him or checking to see if he even had shifted, figuring she could bother him about it later on, and simply broke out in a fast lope toward the part of the grassland where the greatest concentration of rabbits lived.

<style type="text/css">
.vestarchaos b {font-weight:bold; color:#6d758f; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;}
.vestarchaos t {font-style:italic; color:#6d758f; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;}
.vestarchaos .ooc {color:#6d758f; padding:0px; font-size:10px; font-family:verdana; text-align:right; padding:0px 10px;}
.vestarchaos p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; font-size:12px;}
.vestarchaos {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/1ya3ow.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:10px; padding:370px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:cambria; font-size:13px; color:#5e443a; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:justify;}</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread