A beachside home? A dream come true
Her answer wasn't all that strange to him. He had known personal turmoil, and though he didn't know the context, he assumed that she had come from a state of stark contrast from being at peace, given her choice of words and the tone of her voice. He didn't know anything about this woman other than that she was a friend of Iskata's, but older, probably the same age as himself.

"Chance. I've been traveling since my pack disbanded long ago, and by luck or perhaps by fate, my feet brought me here." The lie came easily and believably. There was no malice in it, nor even any apparent falsity. He missed talking honestly with his comrades, if he thought about it.

"Saw a lot on the way, so I don't regret the trip. This place seemed nice, Iskata was the first person I met here and she left a good impression, so I decided to set down some roots." His words were casual and friendly, though he still didn't know very much about this person. He expected that it was his responsibility to inform her of himself first, though, given that he was new here and she was not. "Where do you come from, Deuce?"

Messages In This Thread