Carnival [aw]
[html]
Word Count :: 335 Smile

She smiled as the woman said that she would try it, and even offered to trade two of the chickens for her furs. She studied the furs, dubiously at first, but then with growing confidence; they seemed sturdy and thick, from animals that thrived in the mountains where the Ichikans lived and flourished. The artisan pack had furs and leathers themselves, but more could never hurt, and they had plenty of chickens to trade - and Skye believed that the underlying meaning to trade was not the items traded, but the friendships forged, and a strengthened friendship between Cercatori d'Arte and Ichika no Ho-en was something that Skye would not mind in the least.

She then saw the woman's attention being drawn to their own leathers that were held in the wagon, and as she asked if they collected them, she nodded. "We do indeed," she said. Leather, animals, feathers, and more can be found within their borders, it was true. "And I would not say no to trading two of these chickens for the furs," she said. Then, pertaining to the woman's question about the 'skin' that was so thin and seemingly flexible, she deftly snatched a piece of the paper out of the pile of items in her wagon along with a small, black piece of chalky substance.

"This is paper," she told the woman, "And you can write or draw on it, like so -" she rested the paper against her hand and drew a circle on it with the letter 'A' in the middle, showing the woman the paper with the newly drawn symbol.

I am with you, I will carry you through it all, I won't leave you, I will catch you. When you feel like letting go, 'Cause you're not, you're not alone

Image courtesy of harold.lloyd

<style>
.GR2_Skye1 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_Skye1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#6d3d4e; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Skye1 {background-color:#a99261; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#462e24; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/1594/atable16.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:250px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #b98797; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_Skye1 .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #b98797; }
.GR2_Skye1 .name {text-align:left; font-family:Aguafina Script; font-size:85px; text-shadow:#4b2835 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.GR2_Skye1 .lyrics {color:#e1d3d2; text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:13px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px; }
.GR2_Skye1 .ooc {text-align:right; font-family:verdana; color:#9e6c79; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #b98797; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread