good fortune
[html]

() I don't think she ever mentioned her sisters, so I didn't have him bring them up. <<

image modified from here

The main and only difference from her scent was that it was now more kin to the mountain, lacking the salty, earthy scent of the Waste. Unfamiliar animals, ones that did not fit his defined smells of horse or sheep were equally peculiar. Inferni was not a place made for shepherds or those weak of heart. He supposed this was part of what had chased the hippy-girl away. Sage was made too soft. She lacked the spirit to make her a monster when others could rise to such a thing. Max alone could claim true monster blood, but he saw glimpses of it in others and often wondered.

While he was still smiling at the talk of healing, this smile faded as her voice dropped. For several long minutes he stared at her, yellow eyes darkening with his own thoughts. It took him a long time to process her feelings—while Max was a clever boy and quick to learn physical skills, he lacked an emotional process that was otherwise inherit from birth. Having a family turn on him had stripped any true affection from his behavior, turning him against such feelings despite an inherit desire in his dog blood for the antipode.

So finally, when he spoke, his words were peculiar. “I never knew my dad,” he told her. “So I don’t think you really need one.” He paused again, fluffy tail shifting behind him.

<style>
#max1 {
font-family:'georgia', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:12px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#max1 p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#max1 p.maxImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#max1 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:11px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#max1 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#max1 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#max1 u { text-decoration: underline; }
#max1 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread