[M]When Shadows Meet
Shadow listened to her rant quietly and let her go as she had asked. She stood there with her head down and listened quietly as he spoke. She would let him try to explain but no matter what he said, he couldn’t fix things; he had chosen another. She shook her head as she tried to keep tears from forming. ”If you meant it you would have come back. You never did. I waited for you, every single day I waited. Nothing.”

She didn’t know what to do. She had given him everything and he just disappeared without saying anything. If he was so happy with her he either wouldn’t have left in the first place or he would have taken care of his problems and came right back to her; but he didn’t. He chose to leave her behind and chose another to be his. It was all too much for her to handle and she sank down to her knees as tears slowly began to fall. She had nothing else to say either that or she just didn’t know what to say. He was the last straw. Everyone she had ever known turned her back on her, left her alone, or hurt her in some way. She wouldn’t be able to handle anymore so she decided she would no longer allow others to get as close to her as Shadow had.

Once the tears stopped, she stood and looked at Shadow. ”I hope you’re happy with your decision.” She said it with a blank face, turning back into the heartless assassin she had been before she met Shadow the first time.

Messages In This Thread