Misfortune for the poor
[html]
(400+)
Though she had been advised to continue eating, Torture waited as long as her stomach would allow her. There was a slight apprehension in letting one’s guard down to eat (especially in the voracious manner in which she wanted to attack this rabbit), so she exercised a well-practiced patience, and considering that starvation had once been a normality to her, she found it easy to hold off for now. She talked—and listened—instead, only falling quiet when the pygmy Luperci tossed her slender muzzle back and yipped for assistance.
At the second mention of her meal, the dark hybrid was hard pressed to ignore the woman’s advice this time around. Hesitantly she picked up the rabbit, with a large bite already taken from its gullet, and began feasting on an unmarred portion of the rabbit. Without feeling embarrassed, she hungrily tore at the meal, finishing most of it in a little more than three minutes, but savoring the remainder for another five. After licking her muzzle and hands somewhat clean, she glanced up at Zana, who was now perched gracefully atop a skull-clad pole. She thought she should thank the dark-handed female, but before she could find the proper expression, a rustle beyond them drew her eyes sharply towards the source.
Scarred and tawny, a small, one-eared coywolf trotted lightly up to them, authority in her figure, but she wasn’t trying to seem intimidating. Not that it would have been easy for her to seem that way, given her rather tattered appearance and stature that was no bigger than her own in Lupus. Clasping her hands together, she bowed her head quickly, and sat back on her knees, averting her eyes steadily. My name is Torture, she said, as she saw no need for anyone else to have to do it for her. Torture was perfectly capable of speaking on her own.
While I was not originally looking for a home, it would seem fate has other plans for me… she drew off, turning her shoulder slightly so that blue-eyes of the stranger could grace the fresh claw marks on her arm. A wolf tried to murder me just yesterday, and from what I have gleaned from Zana, she motioned graciously to the woman smaller than either of them, I will not survive these lands very long without further assistance. I believe her, as I have already faced more trouble than in my many months of peaceful traveling.
It would later seem rather redundant that she would want to settle in lands that had already done her so wrong, but in all honesty, Torture was lonely. And if there was camaraderie to be gained here, finally among her own kind, then she would jump at the opportunity.

The glint of light that caught the scythe,
Perhaps if I could pay a tithe…
[/html]

Messages In This Thread