Carry Me Home Tonight
[html]
Of course! Sorry, I should have specified that ^^;

The foliage overhead obscured her vision as she looked upward. Clouds had rolled over the sun, darkening the woods around them before lighting it back up a few moments later. Rays of light slanted downward through breaks in the branches and leaves, lighting her path and illuminating bugs as they flitted and jumped through the beams on their way back down to the forest floor. Her heart was still beating steadily as she padded back to the area that the other luperci had saved her at. She was shaky from her encounter with the hybrid, something that showed visibly as she walked - each footstep was an effort. She wasn't new to fighting, but it wasn't very often that she had to take the life of another and it made her sick to her stomach.

Blood had sprayed in all directions from the hybrid's throat, and she'd been unable to avoid some of the blast. Still a bit shell-shocked, she realized that she was coming upon a scene similar to the one she had just experienced. The two figures came into sight just as Rivers was slitting the throat of the black luperci, ending his suffering for good. It was better that way, in her eyes...she didn't like for anyone to suffer, even if they had tried to commit an act against her. Had this new male killed off the other one so he could have a go at her? She didn't understand why a bag would be worth so much to these bandits, but perhaps he had the same mission. To steal and find valuable items for trade, or to locate food without having to hunt for it.

She took a defensive posture with her knife, though her hands shook, waving the tip of the blade back and forth. He came closer and she took a few steps back, trying to keep some distance. He'd yanked her aside, but what did that mean? Had he known these luperci, or had he just been another passerby? There are d-dangers in the forest. Sometimes...sometimes having a scout isn't enough Her companion came down from the trees to light on a lower branch, chattering at her. She looked to the sparrow, then back to the unknown male. No, Tatuk. I think this one's a friend, not a foe. She shook her head at the bird, who seemed to get the message that things were alright.

I've not heard a name like yours before. I am Wretch. I..took care of the other one. He must have thought that he was in the clear, because he wasn't expecting me at all. She moved to slide her knife back into its sheath on her thigh, wincing. She'd managed to cut her calf on one of the sharper rocks in the river, but hadn't noticed it with the high levels of adrenaline that had been coursing through her body. Why'd you stop, anyway? I don't think I could have fought 'em both myself..stupid of me to try. She didn't have her bow or slingshot with her on this day, both weapons hidden in a cache further up-river, or the luperci would have really been in for a surprise.

<style type="text/css">
.wretch-02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#82a75d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3a5a19; }
.wretch-02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.wretch-02 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#6e8755; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PZAwW.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 310px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.wretch-02 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.wretch-02 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread