limping back
He smiled wryly as she spoke about Myrddin. "Mother believed in reincarnation. I'm sure she would believe that he is my namesake, reincarnated. She made it sound like Taliesin, the bard of her birth tribe, was a strong male. He had to be to take on the only survivor of the litter. Her father was killed by a bear, her mother died in child birth. Her siblings contracted some mystery disease around Myrddin's age. And he raised mother as if she were his own." Through the pain, pride in his heritage -at least his mother's side- shined through in his voice.

Skye's words of Sky seeking her dreams elsewhere stung deeply and somehow rang true. "Once she spoke of a Sanja... we were fighting. I always wondered if... if she were being unfaithful. I have never been unfaithful, I wouldn't follow in mother and Lucifer's steps in that way." His eyes were unfocused now, as if he were watching his past play out on the clouded sky. "I want to hate her for this, but I can't. She gave me too much joy in the short time we were together."

His eyes focused on the boy who raced into the house, then raced back out, yipping about the water. He named off a few herbs for the woman helping to steep into tea. "There is a big wooden bowl in the cupboard" He followed Myrddin into the house so he could tell the leader exactly which herbs he wanted. A sharp stitch in his side made him flinch and he crawled onto the couch to rest while he waited for his herbs.

Messages In This Thread