out of control
His touch was something she could get lost in, almost able to forget the truths that had been so cruelly dug up by a sister she hardly knew nor cared to know deeper. The warmth of his fingertips was too much and as though he knew he pulled away just in time. The littlest member of the clan didn't know what she thought. Her heart was troubled with news that was black and bitter. Once she thought finding out who her father was would be some grand adventure but now that she knew.. it was only something she wished she could bury once more. She had survived so long without the knowledge.. she could have lived forever with a ghost of a name as the only detail she had.

That wasn't the case now and the pygmy woman had to face reality. Her shoulders drooped as Helotes came to the one conclusion that she had tried to ignore. The one woman who hated her with the deepest passion in the clan was the closest thing she had to kin here as well. She shrugged slightly as her fingers brushed the pages of the journal. "I had no choice in who my mother and father were.. does it matter who my siblings are?" She would never be the one to tell Halo they were related. She was not afraid of the woman, there was little to fear of her now.. but she wasn't certain if she wanted ties that bound them either.

She turned those sad orbs back to Helotes as she spoke honestly. "Ezekiel is more of a brother to me than Halos will ever be my sister.. no matter how pure her blood and mine might run.." There was nothing about the woman she could have ever admired. She had been vain, arrogant and conceited... She had skill in what she did, but her heart was cold as stone and Zana believed she would never change. What did it matter if she did... she would never embrace Zana as a sister.

Messages In This Thread